Chances are good that you have at least seen me reference the Daily Scripture Guide...affectionately called the DSG. Here's what it is, why I make it, where to get it, and how to use it!
1. The Daily Scripture Guide is a topical collection of scripture to give you a starting place in your Bible every day. The topics tend to focus on the eternal essentials of believing and abiding. It is ONLY a list of scripture. No devotional content. Not even a picture. Just. Scripture.
2. I started making the Daily Scripture Guide in 2017 when I got serious about my time with God through His Word. I was making the shift from believing in God to BELIEVING God and need to eat up everything about His character, His promises, and my identity to re-condition my thoughts. (Take every thought captive.) I did not want a devotional because was not interested in what OTHER people had to say about what God said - I wanted PURE UNADULTERATED WORD. And I couldn't find that. So I made it.
About 6 months later I started sharing them with other people who just wanted to know what God says and fill themself with Truth, and the EDF ministry was born!
3. If you want to utilize the DSG it is FREE. You can get it at this link:
You can choose to subscribe which will send you an email notification every time the new month is available, or if you hate emial (I hate email) then you can save the link and check back every month for the latest DSG post!
You can also find all the DSGs in a PDF book I created, "What God Says". It's 24 topical collections of scripture to know what God says. Get it here:
4. There are a couple ways to utilize the DSG! The obvious: receive the DSG in your email and then follow the daily reading schedule.
But, if you're like many humans, you may have ever changing challenges and needs. I invite you to use the Daily Scripture Guides by topic for what you need when you need it. The easiest way to find and choose the DSG you need right now is using the PDF book, "What God Says" because it contains all the Daily Scripture Guides created thus far!
Don't feel like you have to follow the reading schedule. Read as much or as little as needed. Feeling voracious? You might cruise through 10 days at a time! Feeling struck by revelation in just ONE verse? Awesome! Use it HOW YOU NEED IT.
Practical tips for using the DSG:
1. Save the DSG image to your device for easy reference.
2. Copy and print out the plain text list always included in the monthly DSG post/email.
3. Save a copy of "What God Says" to your device.
4. Print a copy of "What God Says".
That's all my dear ones! If you're a DSG or "What God Says" user I would LOVE to know how you use it, how you fit it into your personal daily word habit, and what it's done for you!
PS: if you are interested in details about me (Tabitha) and EDF, in joining an Every Day Faith Bible Study group, or if you're curious about Every Day Faith Coaching, hit me up: